In an attempt to get people to support the biggest pork giveaway ever, Obama launched recovery.org, which will show where (some) of the money disappears to. If enough people support parts of the pork, the rest of the pork slides through and all the political favors incurred during the campaign can begin to be repaid in one massive spending bill.
But with a name like recovery.gov, we thought of the following (but don’t expect to see it):
- We admitted we were powerless over government spending pork – that the federal budget has become unmanageable pork-fests.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity (the Free Market).
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of free enterprise.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to the country the exact nature of our pork spending.
- Were entirely ready to have free enterprise remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked to remove our budget pork.
- Became willing to make amends to the entire country for our excessive and wanton spending.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the free market, praying only for knowledge of economics and the power to carry responsible budgeting without pork spending.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, to carry this message to Congress, the Presidency, and the states, and to practice these principles in all budgets.
Notice the bill is now called “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” — since the “Community Reinvestment Act” caused the meltdown, why not do it again? Deficit spending and credit expansion caused the problem, surely more deficit spending and credit expansion will solve it.